Area of academic expertise - outline
My academic expertise focuses on the area of corporate governance, corporate risk, financial reporting, and auditing and assurance. My current area of research is considered a normal extension to my interest to research on the impact of board characteristics and diversed ownership structures, besides other aspects of corporate governance since I started my PhD study.
Current Master Dissertations Supervision:
- Asna Nasser: How Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting is Critical in Investment Decisions.
- Saida Mohamadatik: The Relationship between Corporate Governance and Financial Performance in the UK.
- MohamadSaif Sajid: Impact of Brexit and Covid-19 on the Financial Management in the UK-Based SMEs.
- Md Yeasin: Impact of the Accounting Information System on the Business.
- Hiten Abhy: How Political Instability Imposes Economic Instability in UK Business World.
Current research activities
- The Effect of corporate governance on Financial Leverage: Evidence from Egypt.
-Hope, Q. and Micheal, R., 2022 "Influences of Dividend Policy on Performance Indicators in Enahancing Firms' Performance Growth of Listed Non-Financial Companies on Ghana Stock Exchange". Journal of Finance and Accounting, Vol 13, No 10 (2022).
-Abstract titled "The Effect of Corporate Governance on Firms' Risk" in Advances in Management and Innovation Coference 2019, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK.
-Emile, R., A. and Kyaw, S., 2014. The Effect of Corporate Governance on Firms' Performance, Evidence from Egypt. Asian Economic and Financial Review, 4(12), pp.1856-1877.
-Micheal R., Presentation: InternationalResearch Conference on Business, Economics, and Social Sciences, May 2014.
Current teaching activities and interests
I promote active learning by promoting students participation and develop their cooperation among themselves. Also, I motivate students to have access to different learning materials on the VLE besides accessing of library articles and text books.
My teaching interests involve:
- Corporate Reporting Theory and Practice.
- Foundation of Financial Accounting.
- Accounting and Finance for Business.
- Accounting for Performance and Control.
- Accounting and Finance: Applications and Analysis.
- Management Accounting.
- Corporate Governance.
- International Accounting.
- Financial Statements Analysis.
Expertise related to UN Sustainable Development Goals
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. This person’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s):
- 1 Similar Profiles