Chaman Shrestha is a Lecturer in Accounting at the University of the West of Scotland. He has recently completed his PhD in Accounting and Finance from the Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity at Coventry University. His teaching interests lie in the areas of corporate social responsibility, corporate financial performance, and corporate finance. Since 2016 he has been delivering accounting and finance modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Prior to his academic career, Chaman worked for several years in accounting and finance positions in the UK and abroad. He also holds a graduate membership of CIMA (exam qualified). He enjoys teaching, sharing knowledge & experience, and researching accounting and finance matters (within management accounting, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate finance).
Area of academic expertise - outline
Corporate Social Responsibility
Advanced knowledge of Statistics and Econometrics
Other areas of expertise available for knowledge exchange
Advanced analysis using the following statistical/econometric packages: SPSS, STATA, EViews
Financial Databases: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Datastream; Thomson Reuters Eikon
Desired research direction
CSR, Earning Management, IFRS adoption and accounting quality, Emerging Markets responsible investment.
Current research activities
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Financial Performance in the Emerging Markets: Industry Heterogeneity and the Moderating Effect of Cross-listing (with Professor Panagiotis Andrikopoulos and Dr Jin Suk Park), Submitted for publication.
- Measuring the impact of CSR index inclusion and exclusion on firms' long-term operating performance (with Professor Panagiotis Andrikopoulos)
- The impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on long-term stock return: Evidence from FTSE4Good Global Index (with Professor Panagiotis Andrikopoulos, Professor Liafisu Sina Yekini and Dr David Leung)
Conferences & Presentation
- Heterogeneousness in CSR and CFP relationship among industry sectors: evidence from cross-country emerging markets, BAFA NAG Annual Conference, 9th -10th September 2019, Coventry Business School, Coventry University.
- An empirical investigation of the impact of CSR index's inclusions and exclusions on firms' long-term operating performance, BAFA 2019 Annual Conference, University of Birmingham, 8th - 9th April 2019.
- The impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on long-term stock return: evidence from FTSE4Good Global index, Sydney International Business Research Conference, Sydney, Australia, 23rd -25th March 2019.
- Shrestha, C. (2020). An investigation of the impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on firms’ financial performance: a global study. Phd Thesis, Coventry University.