Research Output per year
UWS Academy supports everyone who teaches UWS students to develop their teaching and assessment practices, their programmes and their modules with the aim of enhancing student learning. We also support the development of researchers, from postgraduates through early career to experienced practitioners.
Our theme for 2018-2020 is Focus On: Assessment and Feedback.
Our work includes:
- Running the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PgCAP), a taught route to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy for newer staff
- Leading sALTiRE (Academic Learning and Teaching Routes for Excellence), the experiential route to Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Supporting researcher development, in conjunction with our colleagues in Research Services and the Doctoral College
- Providing resources to help staff with their academic practice, from teaching and personal tutoring to curriculum development and design
- Developing seminars, workshops, reading groups and other events to promote academic and researcher development throughout UWS
- Promoting funding and awards which are open to UWS staff
- Organising the annual UWS Learning, Teaching and Research conference
Jane MacKenzie is the Head of UWS Academy. If you want to contact her, please email Jane.MacKenzie@uws.ac.uk.
If you would like more information about these roles, or if you have a question about our work, please email UWSAcademy@uws.ac.uk.
High-resolution large area scanning electron microscopy: an imaging tool for porosity and diagenesis of carbonate rock systemsBuckman, J., Charalampidou, E-M. C., Zihms, S., Lewis, M. H., Corbett, P. W. M., Couples, G. D., Jiang, Z. & Huang, T., 2019, Carbonate pore systems: new developments and case studies. McNeill, D. F., Harris, P. M., Rankey, E. C. & Hsieh, J. C. C. (eds.). Society for Sedimentary Geology, (SEPM Special Publications; vol. 112).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
Research output: Contribution to conference › Poster
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article